Welcome to Soul Concern Counselling
Let me assist you to have peace in the storms of life.
1. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (C.B.T) assists people to change unhelpful or unhealthy thinking habits, feelings and behaviours. C.B.T may be used to treat problems including anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, uncontrollable anger, substance abuse, eating disorders and other problems.
2. Motivational Interviewing encourages the person to change their behaviour by exploring the consequences of it and the benefits of behavioural change. Taking responsibility for their behaviour and decision-making helps the person to see their ability to make changes in their life.
3. Mindfulness A meditation based therapy that teaches people to become more aware of, and to relate differently to, thoughts, feelings and bodily sensations.
4. Solutions Focused Therapy is a therapy where the therapist builds solutions collaboratively with clients, viewing them as competent and helping them to visualize changes and to build on what is already working for them in their lives.
5. Narrative Therapy focuses on the significance of personal history and socio-cultural dialogues in constituting people’s lives. Changing the conversation about values and key people in their lives powerfully assists people to externalize problems and therefore illuminate an alternate direction that encompasses a person’s values and hopes.